Monday, September 5, 2016

In the beginning ...


I often refer to myself as a "rabid genealogist" and I believe the term fits. 

My Grandmother Morgan and her daughter, my Aunt Mary Allen Morgan, got me interested in our family history when I was 9 years old. It changed my life completely. I suddenly became very interested in history and geography, wanting to know where my people had lived, what they were like, how events of their times affected them, and how they participated in their communities. I wanted to know the context of their lives! My interest has never waned and, as I continue my research, I learn something or find some new evidence of someone's live each and every day.

As I begin this blogging endeavor, I first want to preserve stories about people and events as I saw them or as I remember them. Even though the family members whose stories I share may not have been my contemporaries, I want to help preserve the details of their lives. And yes, there will be genealogy, history, geography, photographs. documents, and other components that I'll share. There will even be personal stories included to help me remember and record some experiences.

I cannot commit to being a daily blogger, but I will do my best. I hope you'll enjoy the memories I share, and I encourage you to start a blog to do the same with your own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment